Thinking about going into teaching?
Getting a bachelors degree in teaching might well be the beginning action of what might possibly wind up being a rewarding career. Regardless of whether you want to be an elementary school, junior high school or high school teacher, receiving a undergraduate degree is the minimum requirement for a new teacher job application.
Maybe you already picked up your four-year diploma, you might like to keep continuing on with your education and learning to improve your abilities and even work at actually finishing a master’s diploma. Most school districts acknowledge graduate education credits and usually have elevated starting pay scales for those candidates who hold master’s degrees.
Online Teaching Classes for Busy People
In some cases, commuting to classes at a regular university can be somewhat difficult or even not possible for some individuals. Quite a few parents with full-time jobs find it unrealistic to always go to classes right on campus.
And single, working parents need to take care of their children’s needs each day and might not be able to visit classes only given during the morning and afternoon hours. There is a substantial range of situations that potential students can encounter that might prevent them from going after a professional career as a teacher.
And yet, there’s a simple solution — online education.
Online education and training gives the remedy for folks who need optimum convenience in their schedules.
An individual takes the same types of university curriculum that traditional campus enrollees in Alabama take, but you get to work on them consistent with your personal lifestyle and your own certain considerations.
Just take the First Step
As soon as you complete your bachelor’s degree in education, you have to be credentialed so that you can actually get a teaching position. Usually, prospects must complete an approved teacher training program, which will require administered practice instructing in a real classroom and examination of standard knowledge capabilities.
See these good options:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
Teaching may not be your future. You have plenty of other options from more AL colleges.