A career in teaching is obtainable if you are interested in it.
Achieving a bachelor’s certification in education may well be the first action of what can turn out to be a enjoyable professional career. Regardless of whether you intend to turn out to be a grade school, junior high school or high school instructor, obtaining a four-year diploma is the beginning qualification on a capable teacher job application.
Should you already own your four-year degree, you might keep moving on with your training in order to strengthen your abilities and even work at eventually completing your master’s diploma. Almost all school districts truly appreciate graduate education credits and often times offer elevated starting pay scales for those individuals who hold a graduate degree.
Online Teaching Classes for Working Students
At times, going to classes at a standard institution is quite problematic or perhaps not realistic for some prospective students. A number of individuals with work or family responsibilities find it really difficult to frequently attend class sessions right on campus.
And single And working, single need to take proper care of their children’s needs through the day and might not be in a position to take part in degree programs only provided in the morning and afternoon hours. There are a great variety of predicaments that prospective students could find that might discourage them from following up on a professional career as a teacher.
Then again, there exists a solution — online education.
Internet based learning supplies the solution for students who need optimum independence in their schedules.
A person will take the same form of program classes that standard campus enrollees in California take, but you have the opportunity to take them based upon your schedule and your own certain demands.
Just take the Next Step
When you finish your undergraduate degree in education, you must be credentialed in your state to be able to get a formal teaching assignment. By and large, individuals need to complete an approved teacher training course, which requires monitored practice instructing in a classroom and examination in basic proficiency skills.
Here are some good choices:
- GCU proudly boasts 60 graduates who have gone on to become Teachers of the Year! Will you be the next?
- Considering the rewarding field of education? Take your first step with a bachelor's degree in education. Many emphases available.
- Already an educator? Advance your degree with a Master of Education or a Master of Arts in an education-related field. Many emphases available.
- Opportunities to specialize in exciting fields such as TESOL, educational administration, curriculum & instruction, special education & more!
- Contact GCU today and learn about the many degree options available to you as a current or aspiring educator!
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.A. in Communication with an Emphasis in Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- AA/Early Childhood Education
- MA/Education - Child Development
- BA/Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject English Learner Teaching Credential
- And more...
There are other career fields out there – more info.